Wednesday, September 19, 2012

OMG... so, I tried this last night and my skin looked perfect.

Well, honest ta blog I've always had nice skin... all through high school I never had an issue except maybe a zit around, well ya know. But JEEPERS.. now at 27 I'm breaking out like MAD...it's driving me crazy... obviously my first and foremost option is to get rid of it... but during that time of healing.. what the heck am I supposed to do? Go on a date looking like a 16 year old pizza face?! Nooooo way. So last night I did my makeup and it came out like a magazine cover and was sooooooooo easy!

You need: 

  • Moisturizer (or primer (Recipe: Moisturizer, aloe vera gel, and a little foundation)
  • Foundation
  • Concealer
  • Powder
  • Optional: green and yellow blemish sticks (you can actually get travel sized at Cvs or walgreens for really cheap and they last a LONG TIME! Green makes red disappear... yellow gets rid of dark circles and any dark skin spots!!!

So, many makeup artists will tell you that it's important to prime before applying make up... I only find this true when you have acne.. so if you don't skip the primer and just moisturize well!

  1. Apply the primer/moisturizer all over face and neck. I like to use clean hands for this process cause it spreads better.
  2. If you bought the green blemish stick cover your red acne and blend so you can only see the green a little... if you bought the yellow cover your dark circles leaving a little yellow showing
  3. time for foundation! Cover well your whole face and neck.. You can use a makeup sponge.. but again I prefer my hands because it spreads it out better and makes it smoother
  4. concealer for those acne spots, blend well
  5. and last but not least powder! use a nice big makeup brush and use circular motions to blend it onto your face and neck. 

Woolllahhh!!! Perfect skin :) Now your ready for highlighting and contouring.. which is actually surprisingly easy! :) I'll be posting a blog about it as well!





2 comments:

  1. Awesome tips! I never knew which color concealer to use, and I've never even heard of using primer for my face. So excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use nude primer, but for brighter skin lavender primer is excellent!

    ReplyDelete